The Child Health and Wellbeing Network have an upcoming event later this month.
Always the Right Door – making it easier for children and young people to get support for mental health
Wednesday 25th October, 10am – 4pm
Grand Hotel, Gosforth Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 5HN
The voices of children, young people and families are central to improving mental health support. This event is for you if you want to get together with the people who plan, pay for and deliver mental health services across the North East and North Cumbria to make them better, to:
• understand and overcome what is getting in the way of people getting support
• work out how to make every door the right door
• understand how our workers can better support people who have been through trauma
You could get involved by:
• Sharing your story - either in person, in writing or as a video
• Being part of a panel of experts, a workshop or co-chair the event
• Or just coming along and getting involved on the day
We want to make it easy for people to take part in this event:
• If you're coming to the event, let us know if you would like us to pay your travel costs or caring costs.
• If you're going to be sharing your story, on a panel, running a workshop or chairing the event we would like to pay you £15 per half day - £30 per full day. Please tell us if you would like to share your story by 15 September
• We will make the event a safe space- there will be a quiet space and mental health support available.
To find out more please:
• Visit this web page
• Email email@example.com
• Or phone 01768 639320